This edition comes to you from the awesome book
It addresses most of the issues we face today due to lack of movement. Building on the last edition of Vitamin M, today we look at mobilizing the chest and getting some sneaky thoracic mobility at the same time. To improve our shoulder function and posture.
To set up
· Lie on your back
· Bring your right knee up to your chest and roll onto your left side, keeping your knee above your hip
· Reach up to the ceiling with your right hand stretching the shoulder blade away from the body
· Lower your arm to the right
· Slowly move your arm from. 9 o’clock to 12 o’clock
· Reach your elbow away from your torso, this creates a traction at the shoulder
· Repeat on the left side
The drill can be done for 20 seconds to 2min per side, start slowly.
If your ribs flare when you lie down. You can put something under your head and/ or shoulders the help you keep them down.
There you have it another simple thing to do to improve your movement. For those people interested in learning more about movement and how our daily life affects our bodies. I highly recommend you read Move your DNA.